Watercolor for Wellness Meetup!
Did you know that people who experience less stress have been found to have lower inflammatory markers that lead to heart disease than those who experience constant stress?
Come and join others who are unwinding, de-stressing and unplugging with the freedom and flow of watercolor. You don’t have to be an artist or have any art experience. All you need is paper, a brush and a few of your favorite paint colors! (Recommended supply list below). This isn’t a class, it is a time for fun, meeting others and being creative. But, hey, if you have an art project in the works, bring it and work on it with us!
One of us can do a demo or guide you on starting a wash if you need. The goal here again is to have fun, unwind, lower stress and unplug from technology for a couple hours.
- Thursday, July 13, 2017 from 6:00-8:00 PM
What to bring to the Meetup (Marcia may have a few extra things you can try too:
- 2 small containers for water (clear Glad bowls work great!)
- 1-3 or more watercolor paints of your favorite colors (you can get colors at Aarons stores or online, I like Daniel Smith, they have great colors!)
- Scrap or not expensive watercolor paper (see links below) – I recommend for holding water best, paper that is 140 lb or 300 lb weight
- Inexpensive watercolor brushes – Sizes 10, 12 and a larger wash brush work well, you can use a finer brush if you want lines etc. (see below)
- a roll of paper towel
- Feel free to bring a snack or dinner if you need/want.
Here are some links to supply resources if you need it:
- Brushes: http://www.cheapjoes.com/brushes/watercolor-brushes/browse-by/category/synthetic.html
- Paper: http://www.cheapjoes.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=watercolor+paper+pads
- Paint: http://www.cheapjoes.com/painting-and-painting-accessories/watercolor-painting/artist-watercolors.html
Marcia Sivek of BeProvided Nutrition is co-organizing this event with Suzi Downie of the Satellite office group in Los Gatos. Marcia is a nutritionist who discovered the power of creativity and healing, along with food when she was faced with a diagnosis of an autoimmune condition. Along with the condition came bouts of anxiety and depression, art has been a powerful and inspirational too for her to overcome this. She has been doing watercolor painting for over two years on a regular basis.
RSVP at meetup.com
Respect RSVP! (Please only RSVP if you are 100% sure you can make it. If you RSVP YES and find out you cannot make it, please contact the organizer by the morning of the event and change your RSVP to NO on the Meetup page. We really appreciate this, Thank you!)